Bose has made its name in the world of headphones, and it’s no surprise that its products are some of the most popular choices for athletes, gamers, casual listeners, and even pilots. But are Bose 700 headphones waterproof?
No, Bose 700 is neither waterproof nor sweat-proof, so it should not be used near water or exposed to any moisture.
Also, Bose has some earbuds and headphones that can be used during workouts, running, or swimming because they can deal with sweat and water.
In this article, we’ll look at the evidence and see if there is any proof can use these headphones and earbuds in wet environments.
Disclaimer: If you buy through affiliate links on this article, we may earn a commission without any additional cost to you.
Are Bose 700 Headphones Worth It To Use During Workouts?
The Bose 700 Wireless Headphones were created specifically with working out in mind. As a result, they provide amazing comfort while still being built to last through all your toughest workouts. But there’s more!
- Bose 700 headphones are good for workouts because they have 11 levels of noise cancellation and quick interruption mode. And if you wear Bose 700 correctly then these headphones provide the best listening experience you can imagine.
- The headphones also have a 4-microphone system to make it easier to hear what people are saying.
- They also have Bluetooth 5.0, so you can listen to music wirelessly from up to 33 feet away in the gym.
- Plus, they have a long battery life- up to thirty-three hours of playback on a single charge.
- They offer the facility of Alexa or Google Assistant to give commands during exercises.
- You will get more than 3 hours of music on just a 15-minute charge.
- The cushions on the earpieces are very comfortable to wear for a long time.
Are Bose 700 Headphones Waterproof?
Some consumers had hoped that Bose’s most recent noise-canceling 700 headphones would be weather-resistant, but this is not the case.
You can use them anywhere in any scenario, such as watching movies, taking long flights, or doing workouts in the gym unless you don’t expose them to water or any moisture.
The biggest deterrent to utilizing the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 is that they come with a one-year limited guarantee.
So If your headphones cease to function, you will have to spend additional money.
What Should I Do If My Bose 700 Headphones Get Wet?
If your headphones are drenched in sweat after a hard workout, remove the pads, dry them off, and let them breathe freely naturally.
Next, if there is any drop of water or sweat on the Q-tip of the speakers, then gently remove the Q-tip and push the cotton into place so that it doesn’t break off and muffle the sound.
If your headphones have gotten wet and are now unusable, you should follow these steps.
- Don’t use the hairdryer: As in a hurry, you use the hairdryer to dry your Bose 700 headphones. What would happen? There is quite a chance of damaging the internal components of the headphones.
- Use the bag of dry rice: you can use the rice as a drying agent as it absorbs moisture and dries—the only thing to consider during this process is to avoid getting the grains caught in the speaker holes.
- Shaking your headphones: You have to shake your headphones very gently as we have to remove any drops of water or sweat. But if you shake your headphones too hard, then there is a risk of dislodging different parts of the headphone.
While these approaches are not guaranteed to work, they are at least worth trying.
What Are The Bose Headphones That Should Not Be Exposed To Water:
Just like some Beats headphones, Bose headphones or earbuds are popular for people who want high-quality sound and comfort during workouts.
However, they should not be exposed to water. If water gets into the headphones, it can damage the electronic components and reduce the headphones’ sound quality.
Below is the list of headphones that Bose told in its manual that they are not waterproof.
- Bose QuietComfort 45 headphones
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II
- QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones
- QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones II
- SoundLink around-ear wireless headphones II
- SoundSport wireless headphones
- Bose on-ear wireless headphones
- A20 Aviation Headset
- ProFlight Series 2 Aviation Headset
- SoundComm B40 Headset
What Are The Bose Headphones That Are Water Resistant?
The following list contains the Bose headphones and earbuds that are approved to be IPX rated.
- Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
- Sport Earbuds
- Bose Frames Tempo
- Bose Sports Open Earbuds
- SLEEPBUDS II
Are Bose Headphones Better Than Beats When Using Them In Workouts?
There are many different types of headphones on the market, and it can be difficult to decide which pair is the right companion for you in your workout sessions.
Some people might prefer Beats headphones because of the bass-heavy sound, while others might prefer Bose headphones because they offer better sound quality.
Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference.