I am a fitness buff, and I hit the gym more often than most people. if you are reading this post you might have been facing the same problem as I am. My Bose headphones get dirty during workouts as there is a ton of sweat involved.
And if I ever miss cleaning them after a workout or running, every time there is a build-up of ear wax, skin cells, grease, and dust particles inside the earcups.
Not only that this build-up can affect the sound quality of headphones but also can lead to earwax blockage and in the worst cases ear infections.
However, I clean my headphones regularly after a workout, which ensures that they last longer without compromising the sound quality.
I spend a great fortune on my BOSE QuietComfort 35 (Series II) and I want my investment to not go down the drain, just because I can’t spare 5 minutes for their proper maintenance.
So do you want to know how to clean your Bose headphones or any other headphones after a workout, here is all I have to share.
When You Have To Clean Your Bose Headphones?
There is no particular time to clean your Bose QC 35 ii or Bose 700 headphones. However, it more often depends on your usage, on what you do after you wear them, and also on which weather you are living in.
For example, if you are using them during gym workouts then you have to wipe them on a daily basis.
We will advise you to keep an eye on them, if you see any earwax, dust, or swear on the headphone, clean them on the spot.
Related Post: How To Wear Bose Soundsport Free For Workout
Things That Can Be Used In The Cleaning Process:
If you are cleaning your Bose workout headphones with the wrong ingredient then it would damage the protective mesh, electric circuit, and drivers inside them. The thing you need is:
- Cottonelle wipes
- Clorox wipes(good for keeping your headphones clean and bacteria-free)
- Paper towel or Microfiber cloth
- Bose Headphones
How To Clean Your Bose Earbuds:
Before cleaning your Bose earbuds the things that require are:
- A small cloth piece
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Q-tips or Cotton Buds
- Soap and warm water
- Soft toothbrush
- Multipurpose adhesive or Blue-tack
You can clean the driver unit of the earbuds first.
- You can start by removing the ear tips from the earbuds. Then use your tool’s metal loop to scoop out any dirty or ear wax.
- After that, you have to take your soft toothbrush to gently remove what’s left of the earbuds. One thing to make sure your earbuds opening has to be down so that any dirt or wax particles fall inside the earbuds.
- Lastly, use the Rubbing Alcohol or any hand sanitizer with a small cloth to wipe over the metal mesh of earbuds.
If you have ear tips that are not made of foam or waterproof, you can perform the below steps to clean them.
- You have to pull off the ear tips of the earbuds and soak them for around 5 minutes in soapy warm water.
- Wash them very gently, and after that use any paper towel to dry them before reattaching the ear tips with earbuds.
How To Clean Your Bose Headphones:
You can start cleaning your Bose headphones from the ear pads. What you have to do:
- Take the Clorox wipes and drain them a little because sometimes they are soaked in water. So you do not damage your headphones driver or any electrical parts. Also using any other wet wipes, than Clorox, which has alcohol in it. Please don’t use them on the earpads as they rub the color off from your headphones when you wipe them.
- After the earpads now you can clean the exterior of your headphones and headband cushion with Clorox Wipes. If you consistently clean your headphones with Clorox wipes then you can prevent the smell from sticking to your headphones.
- When you are done with wet wipes you have to dry them as soon as possible. You can use paper towels or a microfiber cloth and leave them to air until fully dry.